Security Certificate Error The security certificate presented by this website
If while using a computer without installing console software, and you try to access the web interface of WHS or any IIS website, you will get following error: The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website’s address.
During installation of software certificate is usually installed by default on each machine, but if a software application is not installed and you try to access the web server, you will get this error. to fix it you need to export certification from the machine where a certificate is installed and import from where you are trying to access the web server.
The procedure of doing this activity is simple and following showing step by step of same.
- So on the PC with the connector/console software on it open your web browser and type in your https://runningserveraddress
- To the right of the address bar click on the Padlock icon and then View certificates
- Click the Certification Path tab
- Double click the long GUID number (root certificate)
- Click the Details tab
- Click the Copy to File… button
- Export the certificate somewhere safe using default option
- Move the certificate to the machine without the connector/console software
- Double click the the .cer file and select Install Certificate… on the General tab
- Click Next on the wizard that opens and place a dot in Place all certificates in the following store
- Click Browse and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK
- ClickNext and then finish
Now you can access the server without issue.