Project Server 2007 migration steps to new server
Some of the pre requisites for above mentioned operation are:
- The new machine should have all the pre reqs for Project server installation (Sharepoint Central Administration, Web application, Project Application Service etc.)
- Same service packs/Patches are to be installed on the new machine.
- New machine has got same databases restored on it DB.
- Content Database is also restored on the new database.
Follow the steps to migrate your current installation of Project server to new machine:
- Go to central Administration
- Click on Operations > Under Topology and Services > Click on Services on Server > Select the Option Project Application
- Make Sure Project Application Service is started
- Under Shared Service Administration Click on SharedServices1 (Name could be different)
- Click on Project Web Access Sites
- Click on Create Project Web Access
- Make Sure you select the same "Project Web Access Path" if you want to RESTORE AND RELINK SharePoint workspace. My Scenario was PWA.
- Enter the account info for Administrator Account and Primary Database Server
- Enter the name of Published Database, Draft Database, Archive database and Reporting Database (restored databases)
- Click on refresh status after few minutes
- The Site should be provisioned
- Click on the site just to make sure project web access is working
- Click on Workspace "The PAGE not found" (EXPECTED)
- Now Create a new web application
- Navigate back to central administration > application management > Under SharePoint Web Application Management Click on Create or Extend Web Application
- Create New Web-Application on Port 81 *Can be any port except 80
- Once the Web application is created on port 81 > Navigate back to central administration > application management > Under SharePoint Web Application Management Click on Content databases
- Change the Web-Application to http://servername:81/
- Remove the content database of port 81 (Make Sure you are removing the content database of correct web application)
- Click on Database name and then click on Remove Content Database > Click Ok
- Add Content Database of Port 80 from Previous Server (I did restored the database as "OLD") to this web application on Port 81
- Download Project Server Resource kit for project server 2007 from Microsoft.com
- Extract it to C:\ResourceKit
- Start > Run > Cmd
- Browse to C:\ResourceKit
- Type ReLinkAllWSSSites.exe http://servername:81 http://servername/pwa
- Type Browse to PWA (http://serverName/PWA) you should see all Projects and their SharePoint sites.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.