HOW To NIC Teaming in Powershell on Windows Server 2012 or 2016
NIC Teaming is good for redundancy, to have it configured on your server you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Open PowerShell (Run As Administrator).
- Type “Get-NetAdapter” to get the list of network interfaces.
- Type: “New-NetlbfoTeam” to start the creation process.
- Give Name to your NIC Teaming “Yourname”.
- You will be asked for the “TeamMembers” like if you have NIC1, NIC2, NIC 3 and NIC4. and you want to have NIC Teaming of only first Two NICs, Give name “NIC1” Click Enter, Then “NIC2” Press Enter. When there are no more team members to add just hit enter while the current “TeamMember” prompt is empty.
You will be asked to confirm the information and once you hit “Enter” or type “Y”
Open Network and Sharing Center and Give IP Address to your Newly created NICTeaming that will be available with “Yourname”.
You can Verify if Both NICs are working by removing cable of one NIC at a time.