Beginner Guidance for SEO. How to promote your Website.
Are you new to SEO and do not know where to start? We present to your attention a brief guide for beginners SEO-optimizers.
After reading this article, you will have a clear idea of what to do and where to go next.
Let me start with the most important Golden Rule, which always works when you get acquainted with something for the first time.
While reading an article like this, do not distract yourself by thinking about some of the topics. Just try to keep track of the idea of the author. Leave questions like “WHY” and “HOW” for later.
Hope you are ready! Let’s move on …
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH SEO MANAGEMENT
As already described above, the purpose of this guide is to give beginners an idea of search engine optimization. I did some research and tried to answer some important questions.
I will begin with the first and most important issue.
WHAT IS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO)?
SEO is a combination of strategies aimed at increasing the visibility of a website and improving its positioning in search engines. We can say that this is a way to inform search engines about the quality of a web site in order to attract more organic (unpaid) traffic by improving site ranking in search engines.
For the most part, it depends on the content, structure, and links to the website. It is in this direction that you need to develop it.
But remember! SEO optimization is aimed at improving interaction with the search engine, but you can never forget about your audience. User experience is paramount.
Do you have any questions?
I hope to answer all your SEO questions in this article.
WHY DOES MY WEBSITE NEED SEO?
To answer this question, let’s remember what I already wrote about – SEO is necessary to improve the visibility of the site!
And that’s why:
Search engines are the largest and best source of Internet traffic. You probably already know the main ones:
Of course, social networks such as Facebook , VK , Twitter , Google + , etc., are also able to attract a number of visitors to your site. But the main source remains the search engines.
Some of my friends still use the Google search bar to log in to Facebook .
SEO newcomers always use Google to search for information. The same applies to ordinary Internet users. When they want to find something (an article, some services, products, or any other information), they turn to Google.
Another reason for the uniqueness of search engines is that they provide targeted traffic. People are looking for exactly what we offer.
User search queries are the words that are entered in the search bar. These words are crucial. If SEO is not so good, our website will be ignored by search engines.
Targeted traffic is an income improvement. So do not hesitate to invest in SEO , if you really want to earn income.
AND IF I DO NOT DO SEO ON MY WEBSITE?
Here you might think something like this:
“Dude! Is this the exact same question as the previous one? You just explained that the lack of SEO is the lack of traffic from search engines! ”
Yes! You are right … But I want to dwell on this in more detail. I am sure you will not mind after reading the following interesting information.
After launching your site, search engines scan it to find out what kind of site it is. Now, when a user searches for something related to your site, search engines will display your site in the search results. Search engines are a brilliant mechanism, and it is constantly being improved to more effectively crawl sites. However, search engines also have certain limitations.
That is why SEO is necessary. SEO optimization helps search engines learn more about the website.
Proper SEO optimization will attract thousands of users, and incorrect SEO will lead to almost zero traffic.
SEO optimization not only makes the content of your site accessible to search engines, but also improves the ranking of the site, positioning it higher in the search results. Therefore, it will be easier to find you.
Competition is constantly growing, and those involved in SEO, of course, have a clear advantage in terms of website traffic promotion and attracting an audience.
I hope that now the concept of SEO has become clearer.
Let us turn to the next question of our leadership.
CAN I DO SEO?
Yes, SEO is difficult, but not too difficult, if you track all the changes! The basics of SEO are very simple, so the main thing is how you implement your chosen strategies. The Internet is full of free resources (website promotion itself) to learn how to do it right.
Practice – and you will become an expert in your niche! ..
If your site is complex and you are not ready to learn and implement strategies, ask for help from specialists.
But remember: you must be very good at understanding the basic concepts of SEO! ..
I think that now you can easily answer the question: “ What is SEO”.
The next section of my guide contains more practical information and a lot of tips regarding SEO strategies.
HOW DOES YANDEX AND GOOGLE WORK? BLACK SEO / WHITE SEO
Before discussing SEO in more detail, I would like to tell you about black SEO and white SEO. Here’s how to describe them briefly:
Remember, we work with white SEO. I will not go into the details of the comparison. This is all about the basics. At least I have on this topic.
Before we move on to the next item, check out the list of major SEO sections:
- keyword research;
- optimization of website pages (trunkey website optimization);
- external SEO (external factors).
Almost all SEO beginner guides ignore this point. In my opinion, it is one of the most important.
SEO is a keyword game.
Therefore, I decided to elaborate on this issue. What is keyword research and why is it important?
In the previous part of this tutorial, I already talked about user searches. The exact wording of the user are called keywords.
You need to know the keywords related to your topic or niche if you want to be successful in SEO. Different keywords have different meanings depending on the search volume and some other factors. In this manual, we do not need to go into these aspects.
Keyword research is designed to find out the intentions of users. What exactly are users looking for? These are the keywords.
Using the right keywords is a crucial thing for your website’s SEO. They give you the opportunity to better understand your target audience. And this increases the importance of your site in relation to your topic – it is very important for SEO and search engines.
You need to conduct proper research to find valuable keywords related to your topic before launching a website. Even if you already have a website, you can optimize it with the right keywords.
If you want to learn more about keyword research, read the following articles …
Go to the next step!
SEO OPTIMIZATION OF WEBSITE PAGES
SEO for a website page means everything that is displayed on it and concerns its programming. You need to optimize the website pages, posts, etc. for search engines.
In short, this is content optimization for search engines!
Internal SEO-optimization of pages covers many aspects, so let’s divide it into parts.
Content is the largest part of the SEO page. You may have heard a well-known quote regarding content:
“Content is king.” There is no doubt about it.
Did you know that Google is the largest search engine !? Google’s top priority is to provide its users with the best quality content and relevant information available on the Internet.
The company Google also appreciate the content of the correct length. Write long and informative texts.
Content on your site is not just text. This video, photos, animated slides, infographics, etc.
Content is not king! The way you serve it is crucial.
Take care of the best user experience and at the same time optimize your site for search engines. Then your readers are more likely to share your content.
Pay more attention to good content:
- Headlines – create captivating headlines that would increase the reader’s interest in the article. You have only one chance to make a good first impression.
- Keywords – choose keywords that could lead people to your site.
- Links – link to quality sites that complement your site. This encourages sites in your niche to contact you.
- Quality – try to publish unique and high-quality content. This forces users to return to your site because they will not be able to find the same content elsewhere.
- Freshness – publish non-obsolete content is a good strategy, but you should also regularly add new content. If you do not have time to add content to your website, consider the possibility of creating a question and answer section or blog on your website.
While creating content, do not forget about keyword research.
2. SITE MENU
The site menu is in second place in terms of site optimization – you also need to take care of it.
An example of a bad menu is when categories are completely irrelevant compared to the topic.
I personally saw several sites that dealt with health issues, but the categories on the site were related to fashion. Do not harm your own SEO.
This greatly hinders and distracts the user …
If the menu is unsuccessful, then the likelihood that the visitor will never return to the site? – 80% …
Take care of the convenience of your site! Google will appreciate it.
3. WEBSITE SPEED
Yes! Site loading speed is important! Have you ever heard of waiting time? Let me tell dam about what it is.
The user is looking for something, and your website appears in the search engine results row (SERP).
Then the user opens your page. Waiting time is the time during which the user remains on the site after clicking on the link.
This is a very important search engine ranking factor.
Let’s take a look at what happens in an example …
Imagine that you are looking for something, and then open the site that appears in the search results.
What if the website takes too long to load? What would you do? Wait? Hardly. Most likely, you close the tab and go to another link …
This is how timeout affects your site.
Rating will be low.
In short, the user needs speed, just like Google . By improving the speed of your site, you reduce the waiting time and, consequently, improve your ranking in search results.
4. WEBSITE DESIGN
Site design is another important factor for a good user experience … The theme should be interesting and memorable.
I prefer websites with attractive designs and informative content. Of course, I can read the content on a site with a bad design, but only when it is the only search result …
There are many sites with excellent content, but poor design.
Ask yourself the question – will you stay on the site, which is impossible to properly view from a smartphone?
Most likely, you will stop visiting this site at all …
I say this from personal experience!
Design is not just what a site looks like. This is also how the site works.
The site should be adaptive and attractive.
Well, stop talking about SEO page optimization.
External SEO optimization is needed the same way as SEO pages – it helps to make your domain more authoritative in the eyes of search engines.
In other words, it is a way to make your website reliable in the eyes of search engines.
This will happen when other well-known sites give the search engine a signal that your site has the best content on a particular topic.
How does this happen?..
We need our website to link to other well-known resources on the Internet related to your niche. From a technical point of view, this is called link building.
Naturally, this does not happen automatically. Place high quality content on your website and share it with interested people at various internet marketing sites.
In the end, someone will start to link to your resource.
The best link building strategy is to create good content. Then you need to inform everyone else about this.
But remember: in today’s competitive environment, you need to be able to build links. Use techniques and tips from well-known quality sites.
Your hard work in this activity will surely be rewarded with a good rating.
Just know what to do:
- use social networks to promote your content;
- blog and guest blogging;
- offer solutions in discussion forums;
- share photos and videos;
- form meaningful business lists.
The next headline may annoy you a little, but believe me, this is important information …
WHAT ARE LINKS AND HOW TO GET THEM?
TAGS TO LINKS
This is a signal to the search engine. Something like: “Hey! The following information is a link. This is called “anchor text”. “
- Location link. This information for the search engine about the site where the link leads. Such a site could be a webpage, image, download, video, etc. You can save the location of the link.
- Visible / anchor text of the link: you may have seen such text – blue, bold or underlined, which is interactive. Clicking on it takes you to another web page. These links are called anchor text.
- Link tag closure: as you can guess from the tag, it is a signal indicating the search engine at the end of the link.
You will need the above information when you start creating links.
On average, the higher the result, the greater the number of domains associated with a web page.
Good! Now we have an idea of some communication parameters. Moving on. You need to figure out how to get links.
- Development of high-quality content. Developing high-quality content is the surest way to automatically get links. For example, in this guide I have already mentioned a number of articles and provided links to them. I just wanted to share some useful information with you. Why did I do this? Because the content of these articles is excellent and very detailed. Perhaps my guide will also receive a series of automatic links. This is not easy, but if you work in a niche that you truly love, I can assure you that your content will stand out among the content of competitors.
- Guest blogging. There are blogs that publish exclusively unique and informative posts. They will link to your website if you give them the right to place their materials on their platforms. But you need to work hard to get approval and favorable reviews from such blogs. Guest blogging will help you improve your ranking. I repeat – the quality of the content is crucial in guest blogging.
- Commenting: This is a very easy way to get links. Visit free blogs related to your niche, read articles and write comments, for example, check if something is not entirely clear. Take it wisely.
- Get a couple of links from Wikipedia. Find your niche in Wikipedia, edit the content, update it if you have new and verified information, and then give a link to your site. The link from Wikipedia is much better than the links from other reputable sites. But remember the limitations. Otherwise, search engines will consider these links as spam.
- Social bookmarks. Do you have an extensive social network? If yes, then that’s just fine. Mention your site in social network profiles. This is called a “social bookmark.” A great way to get links.
I think I managed to influence your ideas about link building. Now you better understand what external SEO is …
WHERE TO GO NEXT?
Now that you have read the SEO manual, it may seem to you that I missed a lot of important information, especially if you are not new.
Yes, I did it consciously.
I could write 50 thousand words on this topic, create a long and detailed guide. But believe me, it would irritate the beginners.
There are many such manuals on the Internet. Why did I decide to add my own?
My goal is to give you a certain idea of the basic concepts. You can read more about them in other manuals.
Continuing your journey, try the following:
- Choose your niche (this should be something that really interests you).
- Have you done keyword research and planned content?
- Create your platform / website.
- Develop content with in-depth keyword research.
- Create a profile in a social network.
- Post content and optimize on the page.
- Make your content commercially successful with the share feature.
- Run external optimization.
- Analyze your effectiveness.
- Plan for improvements and return to step 3.
- You can skip step 4 in the second round.
Having done all these things, keep learning and improving. Study the sub-points of my guide – you will find all new and new information thanks to experts in the field of SEO.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Recent Posts: TechnoBlogy